8544771 Dryer Element for Whirlpool
If you are replacing your dryer element, thermal fuse or thermostat because your dryer is having trouble heating up, we recommend replacing the dryer element, thermal fuse and the thermostat.
Click here to take a look at dryer element and thermostat kits, which include the thermal fuse.
Same Day Shipping
If you place your order between Monday - Friday before 3 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you order on Saturday before 12 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you place your order outside these times, call us at 1-802-727-4126 and we will do our best to get it out the door.
Quick Delivery, All Over The Country
This Snap Supply part is eligible for Snap Supply Express FREE 2-Day Shipping.
We Stay On Top of It
We are using the most reliable options available. Even though all major carriers are experiencing delays, we are always happy to help. If you have a question about the status of your shipment, call us directly for the quickest response at 1-802-727-4126.
We’re Always Happy to Help
Our support team can be contacted via email at Suppot@snap.parts, or you can call us at 1-802-727-4126 during business hours. In the event that you need support outside of business hours, snap.parts has an instant message support chat that can help you solve any problem.
Need a new dryer element? It might need to be replaced in the event that your dryer is not fully drying clothes. Maybe it is taking longer than usual for your clothes to dry - or maybe they're still wet when the dry cycle is finished! If that is the case, your dryer element might need to be replaced!
- Cross Reference Information
WP8544771, 8544771, 1180054, AH990361, EA990361, PS990361, AP3866035.
- Quality you can Trust! All Snap Products are made with premium materials and are tested so they last.
- Compatible with the following Dryer brands: Compatible with the following Dryer brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, and others.
Just because parts look the same does not mean that they are the same. Use the model numbers below to ensure that this part is compatible with your appliance!
All Snap parts come with installation instructions to help you with your repair. If you need more help, you can always contact us for further assistance. Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 1-877-269-0086.
Use ctrl+F then enter your model number in search bar and hit enter
Installation Instructions for 8544771
- ¼ inch nut driver
- Small flat head screwdriver
- Unplug appliance and/or turn off circuit breakers to avoid electrocution.
- Using the ¼ inch nut driver to remove the two screws at the top and pull back the top cover until it stops and then lift off.
- To remove the console, press on the tab on each side to release the tabs. Next, there are three locking tabs on the top needed to release, lift each to release.
- With a small flat head screwdriver, release locking tab of wire harness, pull the panel and set aside.
- Screw out the panel that holds the control board and carefully swing it over the dryer. Next, screw out the four screws that hold the console mounting plate with a driver and set aside. Remove the access panel at the bottom of the dryer. Pull the bottom forward. With a driver, remove the two lower screws.
- To remove the front cover off, take the door switch wire harness off. There is a locking tab holding it onto the ducting, pull it off. Once released, pull wire harness out and use a flat head screwdriver to release the tab.
- Once wire harness is disconnected, begin to remove front panel. Open door to remove the two screws holding the front housing, close door. Take top screws off and slowly remove front panel, not breaking the seal.
- If dryer has moisture sensors, pull wire harness out with flat head screwdriver. Once disconnected, remove the two screws that hold front bulk head in. Take out the two lower screws but loosen the two top screws. Remove bulk head out of dryer. Make sure to clean dryer lent.
- Taking the belt off the pulleys: With left hand grab idler pulley and pull it toward the outside. With right hand, take belt out the pulleys. Lift the drum and guide it off the dryer using the belt.
- With a flat head screwdriver, pop off the wires (closest wire harness to you: red on top and red and white on bottom). Remove hyaline thermostat and thermal fuse, with a socket and ratchet. Next, remove the screw that holds the heating element to the floor. Remove heating element by lifting it up and then out.
- To install the new heating element, you have to unscrew the element housing to remove the old heating element. Remove lid, and place in new heating element. Replace lid and screws.
- Place heating element in, screw in the screw that holds it to the floor. Place hyaline thermostat and thermal fuse in place and screw them in. Reconnect wires to heating element (red on top, red and white on bottom). Place drum back in making sure the ridges are against the drum.
- Reach in with left hand to pull idler pulley toward the side of dryer and with the right hand reattach the belt to the pulley.
- Line up blower housing with blower wheel, lift the drum making sure it is seated on the rollers, place bulk head and secure with screws, place all screws and tighten them. Place front panel on, line it up with screw holes, place all screws in. Open door and place two screws, close door.
- Reconnecting wire harness: Connect connectors together plug them in. Route them through the clip and lock it. Connect moisture harness. Place bottom access panel back on, place screws.
- Place in the control panel support frame, place screws. Swing over the panel that holds control panel, line it up and place screws in.
- Place control panel back on, place the wire through the bulk head panel, line up tabs and push it in until it locks in place. Grab wire harness and plug it into the control board. Place top back on by pushing it in until it lines up the tabs. Place screws back in.
- Finally, plug it back in and repair is complete.
Items bought from Snap Supply can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. Alterations to Snap Supply products is a violation of the return policy and will result in a nonrefundable product. To ensure your satisfaction with our products please contact us with any questions.
Shipping can be expensive, that is why Snap Supply provides free shipping on all orders! No minimum order amounts, that force you to buy something you don't need. Order before 1 PM Eastern and it will ship that same day!
Buy with Confidence! Snap Supply Parts always come with a 1 Year Warranty.