DC96-00887A Dryer Thermal Fuse Assembly for Samsung
- Cross Reference Information
- Quality you can Trust! All Snap Products are made with premium materials and are tested so they last.
- Click here for installation instructions!
- Compatible with the following Dryer brands: Samsung
Use ctrl+F then enter your model number in search bar and hit enter
Installation Instructions for DC96-00887A
Installation Instructions – Replacement Thermal Fuse Assembly for SNAP Supply, LLC’s products DC96-00887C
Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Unplug your dryer.
- Unscrew the screws holding the top panel in place on the back of the dryer.
- Remove the top panel of the dryer.
- Lift the locking tabs on the back of the front control panel, remove panel.
- Open dryer door, unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom of the door, close door once screws are removed.
- On the top lip of the front panel, unscrew the 4 screws holding it in place, slightly lift then pull the front panel off slightly.
- Unplug the wire harness from the inside of the front panel, simply pull the plug out from the housing.
- Pull the front panel completely off by lifting the panel up off the bottom mounting brackets.
- In the bottom right corner of the open dryer, disconnect the moisture sensor plug to gain access to the heater element.
- Take the 3 screws holding the heater element out, then lift up the heater element
- With the heater element lifted, lift and remove the bottom mounting bracket.
- Lower the heating element assembly down, then carefully remove the heater element out of the dryer to remove the thermal fuse.
- Remove 2 wires attached to thermal fuse, be sure to put the wires back in the correct place after the fuse assembly is replaced.
- Unscrew the 2 screws holding the fuse assembly in place to the heater element
- Remove fuse assembly, replace with new SNAP fuse assembly
- Screw the new assembly in, reconnect wires in same pattern as when disconnected
- Put the heater assembly back into the dryer first, lifting up once in place to allow space for mounting bracket.
- Replace mounting bracket to where it originally was, Making sure to engage the locking tabs
- Replace 3 screws and reconnect the moisture sensor.
- Replace the front panel of the dryer by first making sure the panel is on the bottom mounting brackets, then reconnect the wire connection, reengage the top locking tabs to keep front panel in place.
- Replace the upper 4 screws on the top of the front panel, open dryer door, replace 2 screws on inside of door to reconnect dryer panel to lint screen housing.
- Setting control panel back onto bottom mounting brackets, ensure panel is resting on all brackets, then push panel to engage the upper locking tabs.
- Take top panel, slide it back into place along the guides at the top of the dryer.
- Screw in the 2 screws at the back on the dryer unit to relock the top panel into place.
- Plug the dryer back in, allow for a testing cycle.
Shipping can be expensive, that is why Snap Supply provides free shipping on all orders! No minimum order amounts, that force you to buy something you don't need. Order before 1 PM Eastern and it will ship that same day!
Buy with Confidence! Snap Supply Parts always come with a 1 Year Warranty.
Click here to learn more about our Warranty Policy