31001556 Dryer Igniter for Whirlpool
- If you are replacing your dryer gas valve coil or your dryer igniter because your dryer is having trouble heating up, we recommend replacing both of them with our dryer igniter & gas valve coil kit.
- Click here to take a look at dryer igniter & gas valve coil kits.
Same Day Shipping
If you place your order between Monday - Friday before 3 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you order on Saturday before 12 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you place your order outside these times, call us at 1-802-727-4126 and we will do our best to get it out the door.
Quick Delivery, All Over The Country
We ship to 61% of the country in just 2 business days - See Shipping tab for more information! Free shipping includes Saturday and Sunday delivery. 3-day delivery from the East Coast all the way to the Rocky Mountains and more!
We Stay On Top of It
We are using the most reliable options available. Even though all major carriers are experiencing delays, we are always happy to help. If you have a question about the status of your shipment, call us directly for the quickest response at 1-802-727-4126.
We’re Always Happy to Help
Our support team can be contacted via email at Suppot@snap.parts, or you can call us at 1-802-727-4126 during business hours. In the event that you need support outside of business hours, snap.parts has an instant message support chat that can help you solve any problem.
If an igniter isn’t working, the dryer will not heat. If your dryer isn’t heating, you might need to replace the igniter.
- Cross Reference Information
31001556, 41-1021, 53-0305, 53-0689, LA-1021, LA1021, PS11740723, WP31001556VP, B008DK0G6C, B008DJU3L6, B003N61PFW, B0053Y2VV4, B008DJMLAW
- Quality you can Trust! All Snap Products are made with premium materials and are tested so they last.
- Compatible with the following Dryer brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, and others
- UPC #: 810019171963
- ASIN #: B07B4LFP4M
Just because parts look the same does not mean that they are the same. Use the model numbers below to ensure that this part is compatible with your appliance!
All Snap parts come with installation instructions to help you with your repair. If you need more help, you can always contact us for further assistance. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-877-269-0086.
Use ctrl+F then enter your model number in search bar and hit enter
Installation Instructions for 31001556
- 5/16th inch nut driver
- Putty knife
- Flat head screwdriver
- Unplug appliance and/or turn off circuit breakers to prevent electrocution.
- **Be careful of the gray part of the igniter as it is very fragile and delicate! **
- Lift the lint screen cover and remove screws. Using a putty knife, go in about an inch to remove the top panel. Inside there is a locking tab, you must go in at an angle in order to push in the tab to release the top panel. Carefully lift over the dryer.
- With a flat head screwdriver, release the clip holding the light switch wire harness.
- Remove the two screws holding the front panel on. Remove the front panel by lifting it and releasing it from two clips on the bottom.
- If your dryer has two separate panels, one large and one small access panel, use a putty knife to remove the small access panel from the side of the dryer. Then, remove the two springs toward the bottom. Then, on the large panel there are two screws to be loosened in order to pull the panel out.
- To get the belt out the pulley, press the pulley towards the outside of the dryer and take the belt off the pulley.
- Pull the belt to guide the drum out of the dryer.
- To replace the igniter, remove the screw that holds the igniter in place. Pull igniter out, make sure not to lose the screw. Detach the wire harness with a flat head screwdriver.
- Use 5/16th inch nut driver to remove the igniter from the bracket.
- **Be careful not to touch the gray part of the igniter as it is very fragile and delicate! **
- Place the new igniter onto the old bracket, place screw. Carefully place it inside the burner tube and place mounting screw. Reconnect wire harness.
- Replace drum by grabbing onto the belt, guide it onto the machine and set it onto the roller wheels. Make sure the felt is not folded underneath.
- Lift the idler pulley, push it toward the side of machine, place the belt on the pulley to pull motor pulley.
- Replace the front panel by aligning the clips, lift drum up to align, replace screws to secure the front panel. Reconnect the door switch wire harness.
- If your dryer has two separate panels, first place large panel on, tighten the screws, reconnect the springs on both sides, and snap into place the small access panel.
- Lift top panel over and screw in the lint screen.
- Plug in appliance and installation is complete.
Items bought from Snap Supply can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. Alterations to Snap Supply products is a violation of the return policy and will result in a nonrefundable product. To ensure your satisfaction with our products please contact us with any questions.
Shipping can be expensive, that is why Snap Supply provides free shipping on all orders! No minimum order amounts, that force you to buy something you don't need. Order before 1 PM Eastern and it will ship that same day!
Buy with Confidence! Snap Supply Parts always come with a 1 Year Warranty.