Replacement Range Igniter for SNAP Supply WB2X9998
Installation Instructions – Replacement Igniter Kit for SNAP Supply, LLC’s WB2X9998
- Disconnect electrical power supply to the range
- remove the access panel to on the rear of the stove to access the igniter
- Cut the leads of the defective igniter 3 inches from the ceramic block and remove the defective igniter from the burner.
- Leave the connections between the leads and safety valve intact
- Connect the new igniter to the harness leads using the ceramic wire nuts
- Attach new igniter to burner and route leads away from the flame area
- Restore electrical power and test range
This replacement igniter must only be used on gas ranges that operate in an electrical series with a 3.5-3.6 amp range. Use of any other igniter with a different amp rating can create a safety hazard due to the igniter and safety valve interaction.
Symptoms of an igniter going bad
- If the oven doesn't bake evenly
- doesn't heat at all.
- Igniter does not glow white, but more of a yellowish orange.
How to test: Over time all oven igniters weaken. As this happens, it will take longer for the gas valve to open and eventually not at all. If the igniter glows for more than 90 seconds without igniting the gas flame, the oven igniter should be replaced.