279838 3392519 279973 Dryer Heating Element and Thermostat Kit for Whirlpool
Same Day Shipping
If you place your order between Monday - Friday before 3 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you order on Saturday before 12 p.m., your order will be shipped on that day. If you place your order outside these times, call us at 1-802-727-4126 and we will do our best to get it out the door.
Quick Delivery, All Over The Country
This Snap Supply part is eligible for Snap Supply Express FREE 2-Day Shipping.
We Stay On Top of It
We are using the most reliable options available. Even though all major carriers are experiencing delays, we are always happy to help. If you have a question about the status of your shipment, call us directly for the quickest response at 1-802-727-4126.
We’re Always Happy to Help
Our support team can be contacted via email at Suppot@snap.parts, or you can call us at 1-802-727-4126 during business hours. In the event that you need support outside of business hours, snap.parts has an instant message support chat that can help you solve any problem.
Dryer problems? Fix the problem and the symptoms with the dryer heating element and thermostat kit.
The kit contains:
- Dryer Element
- Thermal Fuse
If your clothes are still wet after running through the dryer, it might need a new dryer element. But your element might need new thermostats. Otherwise, your element could burn out again!
The dryer element is responsible for heating up the dryer so it can dry your clothes. But it’s your dryer’s thermostats that are responsible for regulating the heat of the element.
Old thermostats are one of the most common causes for burned out dryer elements: they tell the element to heat up but don’t tell it to cool down, resulting in a burned out element.
That’s why we created this kit. It comes with both the dryer element and replacements for each thermostat in your dryer. This way, in one repair, you can replace both.
- This kit comes with 1 Dryer Heating Element (279838), 1 Thermal Fuse (3392519), and 1 Dryer Thermostat (279973).
- Cross Reference Information for 279838 (Heating Element):
2438, 279837, 279838, 279838A, 279838VP, 3398064, 3403585, 8565582, AP3094254, W10724237.
- Cross Reference Information for 3392519 (Thermal Fuse):
3392519, 3388651, 694511, 80005, ET401, PS11741460, WP3392519VP, B071ZPDCVY, B00MZH0R4U, B00PDXA2CA, B0081EATSK, B011BWTX0S, B015YW8DJS, B008DK2NOK, B011OBNJLK, B00MZH0RZ4, B00IQ9VQL4, B011OBMGF0, B011OBN0X2, B00MZH0OPC, B00QMHDWUU, B00PDXA0KE, B0156N9Q1O, B000NCTOUM, B011BWTQ82, B00MZH0RK4.
- Cross Reference Information for 279973 (Dryer Thermostat):
279973, AP3094323, 3391913, 3404151, 3404152, 3977395, 8318314, 897710, AH334387, EA334387, PS334387.
- Quality you can Trust! All Snap Products are made with premium materials and are tested so they last.
- Compatible with the following brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, and Roper.
Just because parts look the same does not mean that they are the same. Use the model numbers below to ensure that this part is compatible with your appliance!
All Snap parts come with installation instructions to help you with your repair. If you need more help, you can always contact us for further assistance. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-877-269-0086.
For 279838, click here then click on Model Numbers tab below the product pictures.
For 3392519, click here then click on Model Numbers tab below the product pictures.
For 279973, click here then click on Model Numbers tab below the product pictures.
Generic instructions based on common refrigerator models
For 279838 (Heating Element):
- Disconnect electrical power supply to the appliance
- Remove back panel off of the dryer by removing all the screws
- Find the heating element and take a picture of the wires
- Remove all the wires attached to the heating element/thermostat
- Remove the screws and remove the heating element from the heating tube
- Take the thermostat off of the old element if you are not replacing it
- You can remove the thermostat by pulling it off of the terminal and sliding the element tab out of the hole on the thermostat
- Place thermostat on new element by sliding element tab through the thermostat hole and sliding it onto the terminal
- Place element back onto the heating tube and secure with the screws
- Attach all wires to their original location on the thermostat and element
- Place back panel back on and secure with screws
- Test dryer under supervision
For 3392519 (Thermal Fuse):
- Unplug appliance and/or turn off circuit breakers to prevent electrocution.
- Using a ¼ inch nut driver remove all the screws that hold the back panel and small access panel can be lifted out. Remove access panel first then the big back panel.
- To pull out the thermal fuse, pull out the two wires connected to it. Remove ¼ inch screw.
- Make sure to clean off the vent.
- With the new thermal fuse, push in the notch located at the bottom first, then replace screw, reconnect wires, place large back panel first, then the access panel, replace the screws that hold the panel.
- Turn on appliance.
¼ inch nut driver
For 279973 (Dryer Thermostat):
- Disconnect electrical power supply to the appliance
- remove the access panel to on the bottom of the dryer
- Remove wires from the high limit thermostat and thermostat cut off.
To remember where the wires went use tape to mark them top or bottom
- After wires have been disconnected, remove the 4 screws that hold the thermostats in place
- Once you have them out, replace them with the kits thermostats.
- Attach the wires to the new thermostats
- Restore electrical power and test the dryer.
Items bought from Snap Supply can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment. Alterations to Snap Supply products is a violation of the return policy and will result in a nonrefundable product. To ensure your satisfaction with our products please contact us with any questions.
Shipping can be expensive, that is why Snap Supply provides free shipping on all orders! No minimum order amounts, that force you to buy something you don't need. Order before 1 PM Eastern and it will ship that same day!
Buy with Confidence! Snap Supply Parts always come with a 1 Year Warranty.